Senior Data Engineer
LiveStyled is an award-winning company that focuses on delivering personalised digital communications to customers enjoying real experiences.
Our technology connects the multiple systems within a venue, festival or destination, to enable a single customer view. The responsive platform uses the data harnessed from these systems to then serve automated, personalised content and offers to individuals that makes the physical environment more engaging. It elevates every interaction to be more responsive, more human, more real.
Since 2015 the company has been working with some of the biggest brands in sports and entertainment across Europe, UAE and the USA. Clients include Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, The O2 Arena, Wembley Arena, LA Galaxy, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
We have offices in London, LA alongside a growing presence in Stockholm and are looking for talented individuals to join the team.
The ideal candidate should care deeply about how data can transform the world and be ready to support their colleagues as we create innovative new products. This is a great opportunity to own the Data Engineering function including development and deployment of a data solution on a real world data set.
Day to day you will be
- Implementing and deploying multiple machine learning algorithms to predict purchase and other customer behaviour, in collaboration with data scientists
- Designing and implementing ETL data pipelines
- Driving the collection and manipulation of data from LiveStyled’s purchase and usage datasets, and 3rd party data from different systems
- Creating master database sets and database clones to allow for predictive analysis to be carried out
- Devising the implementation of A/B test methods to improve and validate data learning capabilities
- Working closely with API developers to integrate APIs in building robust data pipelines
- Attending team meetings and innovation groups as they innovate and take on new challenges in the development of technology for the physical world
- Learning and taking part in the full development life cycle, including requirements and design capture, development, testing and deployment
- Analysing, visualising and providing insights on different datasets and automating this procedure
We would love to hear from you if
- You are able to call on 4+ years of software engineering experience implementing end-to-end data pipelines (preferably including ML models) in a production environment with quantifiable impact
- You have extensive software engineering knowledge/experience in order to be able to lead in the development of data-driven products
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets using cloud technologies
- Python is your tech of choice including pandas, numpy, PySpark
- Advanced SQL is part of your toolset
- You have basic knowledge of machine learning techniques such as k-nearest neighbours, random forests, ensemble methods, regression, neural networks
- Version control is something you enjoy, preferably Git
- Supervision and mentorship abilities
Extra points for
- AWS Serverless, Redshift, DynamoDB & AWS Sagemaker
- Data Pipelines like AWS Glue or Pipelines
- Serverless Framework
- API Development
- Graph Databases like Neptune or Neo4j
- Google BigQuery
- Map-Reduce (Hadoop or AWS EMR)
Benefits & Perks
The place we call home
Our HQ is a vibrant new office in east London and we also have growing offices in Los Angeles and a growing presence in Stockholm.
- You’ll be amongst a highly talented and collaborative bunch of colleagues
- Choose your tech. Mac or PC - whatever you do your best work on, it’s yours
- Help yourself... There’s free fruit and a selection of teas and great coffee - We even have an international coffee judge as part of the team!
Be one of us
A team that plays together stays together.
- Weekly Friday drinks to ease us into the weekend
- Monthly team socials
- Techie or not, you are welcome to take part in quarterly Hackathons - down tools for the day and solve a problem
- Free tickets to our client’s events and festivals
- Take a look at our team Instagram here
The serious stuff
We’ve all got real lives with bills to pay and goals to achieve.
- You’ll be offered a competitive package with half-yearly pay reviews
- Career road-maps and progression mapped out - we want you to grow with us
- Generous holiday - everyone needs to switch off from time to time
- Things going on outside of work? We offer flexible working arrangements
- Workplace Pension scheme